From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 2010 19:01:34 -0700
Sukie wrote: Exercise and genetics can be more important, and other
factors also influence condition such as getting enough darkness,
regular veterinary care, etc. There is some genetic work on people,
indicating that sufficient exercise and having the right genetics may
be the more critical factors for the unusually healthy and long lived
ones, but for the rest of us (most of us) who are not so blessed have
to be more careful about a whole range of factors: not smoke, eat well,
exercise daily, etc.

I have found too Sukie, that taking away the cigarettes, carbos and
high fructose corn syrup type drinks from the ferrets has decreased
their diabesity, increased their speed through tubes and dcreased body
fat allowing them to fit in their tubes to race around. Keeping the
ferret room dark as often as possible has helped me sort out the slower
conformists. With the darkness I can see them light up those hidden
cigarettes I have yet to find in their unknown hidey holes. I believe
as time passes and they feel better and have better self-images, they
will understand the bad influences of their humans' societal pressures
and stay away from them. We have found, as with human physiology, the
first two weeks of change are the hardest! DOL

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Hide not amongst the shadows of grief, But frolick openly in the
meadows of memories. sp