From:
Richard and Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 07:59:29 -0500
I hope Mia was exaggerating when she said that several people suggested an
abortion.  Get a grip, folks.  As much as we love our animals, human life
is more important.  It seems there are some people on this List who enjoy
attacking and flaming others.  I always wonder if they have any life
outside of this List (or any life beyond their ferrets).  We're all here
to help each other and flaming doesn't help reach that goal.

I'm also noticing (yet again) that a lot of people don't have the common
courtesy to acknowledge individual emails sent to them in an attempt to
help them with a problem.  Just hit "Reply" and say a simple "thank you" (5
seconds???).  You may not agree with the advice but the person IS trying to
help.  Eventually people will quit spending the time trying to help if it's
not even acknowledged.

Off my soapbox now.

Lily (6) and Lany (4 1/2) are going in for their six-month check-ups
tomorrow, including bloodwork .  They will also be having their teeth
cleaned.  I think we're going to run the UT test on Lily (AGAIN) to try to
determine if her year on Lysodren has helped her adrenal condition at all.
She's had two adrenal surgeries and the symptoms continued so we ran the UT
test about a year ago.  It came back positive.  That's when we started the
Lysodren.  We are also going to talk about Lupron injections since it has
become easier to store and administer now.  And, I like the idea of 4-month
injections.

Lily also has a neurological problem which causes her to walk a little
funny.  Her back legs don't always want to go in the same direction as
her front legs.  An x-ray showed a problem with a couple of her vertebrae.
Well, it has worsened so Doc will be looking at that problem also.

I think it will prove to be a fun (expensive) day at the vet.

Katharine