From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 08:22:19 -0400
I have suggested this before, but it seems that now is an opportune time to
suggest it again.  Gather all the receipts you can find for travel to
anywhere- the more of a vacation, the better.  Make photocopies, and write a
letter to the CA Appropriation Committee Chair, Carol Midgen.  Explain that
you have chosen to spend your money elsewhere until CA changes the law and
makes it permissable for you to bring your ferret with you while visiting.

In my case, many of my vacations have been to Florida, which works very much
in our favor, as Florida and CA strongly compete for tourist dollars.  If
500 of us can send receipts, it will be noticed.  If you don't have the
receipts any longer, guesstimate the cost of the vacation, (Itemize it as
much as possible between airfare, car rental, hotels, food, and tourist
attractions).  Try and get your family and freinds that travel to do the
same.  In this case money talks.  If they get 2000 letters from people
talking about spending their tourism dollars elsewhere, it will have
significant impact.  Carol Midgen will particularly notice, as travel and
tourism is the second highest source of revenue for the City of SF.

Injections:

Here is a way we have found that makes the job infinitely easier... one
person gives the injection/sub-cu fluids the normal way, while another holds
a tube of Nutrical or similar to the ferrets mouth and lets them lick away.
They don't notice the injection, or if they do, they don't bother to stop
licking!

-Anne