From:
Daniel Poryanda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 23:10:30 -0400
Hi all,
When I read the letter about the diabetic ferret on regular duck soup, I got
a real brainstorm.

I used to bodybuild and was into the dietary supplements and vitamins and
diets.  One of the supplements I used was "Joe Wieder's Sugar Free 90% Plus
Protein", it is a dry powder that is mixed with milk or water and is
supposed to give your body extra protein to build the muscle you have broken
down by hard exercise.  It is available at most GNC, Sports Authority or
health food stores for around $8.00 a pound jar.

One oz. of the powder contains 24 g of protein and 110 calories.  The
ingredients are: soy protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, natural and
artificial flavors, soy lecithin, egg white protein, soy oil,
vitamin/mineral mix ( ascorbic acid, vitamin E acetate, vitamin A palmitate,
niacinimide, d-calcium pantothenate, zinc oxide, ferrous fumarate, copper
gluconate, vitamin D-3, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, thiamine
mononitrate, vitaminB12, folic acid, biotin ), yeast papain, bromelain.

Most of the ingredients are plant based with the exception of the egg white,
I figure any protein is better than none.  This is a very clean source of
protein and I hope it can be used to help you with your problem.

                         Hugsandkissestothefuzzies
                               Daniel Poryanda