From:
Ginny Dearth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 May 2009 16:41:16 -0700
Hello,

Here in Columbus there are some people who are using Craig's List as
a racket with ferrets and BOY ARE THEY MAKING MONEY!!!!! They adopt a
ferret for say $50 from Craig's List, wait a couple of days and repost
the same ferret for $150. They were caught once and told not to do it
any longer and even had their email addresses blocked by Craig's List -
they started using different email addresses and are at it again.

I am a foster parent for Rescued and Surrendered ferrets in Columbus
Ohio. We charge $75 for single, $125 for pair, $150 for threesome and
$175 for foursome. At pet stores I have seen one baby ferret for as
much as $210. Why not give a ferret a home that has been abandoned by
it's original owners and stop supporting the "ferret mills" that keep
sending kits to the stores younger and younger.

Just some information for you. I'm sorry - I just feel so passionately
about ferrets that I had to reply.

Your friendly neighborhood Ferret Lady,

Ginny

Raven's
Magickal Ferretry members are: Merlin, Oscar, Cooney, Rufus, Emma,
Woody, Rocky, Fritz, Billow, Rascal, Ricki Tiki Tavi, LoveBug, Sneezy,
Sleepy, JTA's Jack Sparrow, JTA's Zilla, SWPF's Captain Hook, SHD's
BellaMine, SWPF's Freya, SWPF's Fawkes, SHD's Ibori
http://ravensmagickalferretry.weebly.com

Foster Mommy to: Max, Musket, Rocky & Possum, Brutus & Soda Pop,
Stinky, FatBoy, Foxy & Fred

Hospice: Frodo & Pippin, Nicodemus, Gordo, Smokey

Temp Live-Ins: Apple & Kiwi, Faith

One more ferret?  NO problem !

HOFA Shelter Chairperson
www.HOFArescue.org