From:
Julie Dowdy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:13:21 -0500
You know, I've often thought of buying a Border Collie to herd the
ferrets.....

Does anyone else have a ferret that chews the magnets out of shower
curtains systematically, and then arranges them in a neat row on the bottom
of the tub?  If I start to find Crop Circles in my carpet, I'm running for
the hills.

Either I'm slipping in my ability to trick my ferrets or they were never
tricked at all.  We let them lick Ferretone from the bottle as we trim
their nails.  Shelby, my sweet boy, is such a monster.  I hold him and
the bottle - Phil clips.  Phil goes for his back feet.  He curls his toes
around my finger.  Phil goes for the front feet, he curls his toes UNDER
my finger.  Back feet, curl.  Front feet, curl.  All the while licking the
Ferret Crack.  Little monster.

And then there's the water bottle.  Phil and I are exhausted, all we want
to do is sleep at midnight so I can get up at 4:30.  We cage them.  Just as
we're drifting off... lick-lick-lick.  Okay, thirsty ferret.  Few seconds
pause.... licklicklicklicklicklicklick for like ten friggin minutes!
Silence.  We snuggle down.  Licklicklick.  I swear they took turns.

I'm starting to sound like my mother.  "Don't MAKE me come up there!  Stop
it!  Stop touching her!  Don't touch him!  Stay in your own hammock!  Stop
that giggling!  No bouncing on the hammocks!"

And then there's the systematic rearranging of the entire cage by dawn.

Who owns who indeed! 8)