Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2014 20:52:30 -0400
I'm at my wits end:

6yo male, neutered. Same kibble and treats for many years.

Diagnosed with insulinoma last year - .12 mL compounded pred, twice
daily, but after a couple of months of watching him, went to once
daily.

December: Spotty diarrhea, more so 'cow pie' ~ loose and light to
medium brown color.

Served up plain pumpkin once daily (1/2 cube) ~ loose stool of pumpkin
color.

January: Still loose stools and served of .8 mL Pepto.

This year saw signs of hair loss ~ on back, lower than left shoulder
blade. March: Took him to the doc last week for a deslorelin implant as
there is thinning hair on back. Doc said she detected an arrhythmia.

Still loose stools, stopped the pumpkin, changed to cherry flavored
Pepto ~ .8 mL. He tolerates the Pepto (scruffing), but Sat. night
fought me so hard he lost some hair from the scruff.

Sun. night I chose to not give the Pepto dose and watch his stools.
Tonight (Mon.) I heard him go potty (on paper-Yay!) and went to look ~
watery diarrhea, beige/light brown.

Immediately got the Pepto - scruffed and served and realized he peed
on me.

Do I go back to pumpkin and scruff twice daily Pepto? There's got to
be a better way to control his unformed stools and diarrhea.

Shari

- His buddy has good stools and also had the implant at the same time.
- I searched the FML archive, but no latest info on diarrhea.
- I tried searching the FHL, but they no longer have an archive search
  box on the home page.