From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 16:52:15 -0400
Lisa writes:
>I listed yesterday about trying to get my ferrets to switch to totally
>ferret from marshalls.  I noted that all they do when I mix it in is pick
>out the marshalls food.  Unfortunatley that is all I got e-mails telling
>me to do...I have tried mixing it in but that doesnt work.  Can anyone
>else help me???????

Just be patient.  They may only eat the MF food for a few days, but
eventually will start eating the TF.  Mix the foods in an airtight
container for a few days before offering it to them so the TF picks up
the smell of the MF.  Slooooowly increase the amount of TF.  Take your
time, give it a couple weeks or more--you don't need to rush.

I ran a shelter for a couple years, and had to convert ferrets from all
kinds of cat and ferret foods.  I even had one that only ate frozen smelt
(a small fish) and Tender Vittles!  It took a while, but she eventually
learned to eat a nice mix of TF, Iams and other quality foods.

Linda Iroff
Oberlin OH