From:
TinyPrints <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:56:00 -0500
Many of you are following the recovery of Calista and Harrison.  They
were the two ferrets who came into a Pet Auction on October 10th, near
my home which I attend to get cheaper ferret supplies for my shelter.
Calista was in the worst condition and I did not expect her to make it.
Her body was just a thin layer of skin over bones.  Harrison was a bit
better off, as for he still had a bit of body fat on him.  She was having
convulsions due to low blood sugar.  Within 1 week of feeding her a blend
of canned AD, Duck Soup, heavy whipping cream, baby food chicken.......
Calista put on 8 ozs.  Her feet were turned under and she was walking on
the tops of her toes.  Her balance was very unsteady.  She would only
sleep on the bottom of the cage under towels.  She would shake due to not
having any body fat.

Yesterday on November 4th, Calista Dooked!  You know, it brought tears to
my eyes.  To see this little girl have such a spirit to live and to see
in her eyes how happy she and Harrison are now, is the reason why I
rescue.  Tose touching moments, the ones that reach down and touch your
heart........they mean the most in my life.  My day can be the worst day
going, but when I put those two out and she actually played like a ferret
should........well, I know I am making an impact on the world I live in.
Just so cool!

She is still having balance issues.  I don't know if that will resolve
itself.  I think the food and water deprivation was just so hard on her
body, that she may always have body balance issues.  But she can play and
she played hard yesterday for the first time!  I was so excited, they got
an entire night out in the playyard.  I have been working with her legs,
giving them daily massages to help her muscles.  I am just so amazed what
a month's time will do.  WOW!

Anyway, just wanted to update everyone on their battle.......and let you
know they are doing so much better.  Everyone who has donated to their
cause..............THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!  I am going to
try to get some action shots of her with my digital camera.  I will post
them to my web page (which is new........and is being updated as we
speak.  Needed to cut costs and not have three web pages going.  ).

Thanks again.
Marguerite

TinyPrints On The Heart.....
TinyPrints Shih Tzu, TinyPrints Ferretry and Rescue
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com
To Give To Our Kids this Christmas-The Giving Tree
http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com/page4.html
Our Petfinder Page
www.petfinder.org/shelters/PA369.html
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Ebay and Half.com Stores
http://www.stores.ebay.com/tinyprintsferretrescuestore
http://half.ebay.com/shops/shops.jsp?seller_id=1093064