From:
staufferp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 12:35:47 -0500
I second the Amen to Wolfy!!!  I buy mostly all of my bedding from an
ADV + person.  I have for years.  The sale of these items are what helps
pay for the medical care of the ferrets.  My ferrets sleep on this
bedding every day.  I test my ferrets every six months and they are neg.
I have the papers to prove it.

There are other things that can be spread by bedding, not just ADV.

A little soap, water and bleach and a lot of common sense go a long way.
I wash EVERYTHING I get at a ferret show, no matter who I buy it from
before my ferrets are allowed to touch it.  If it disintegrates in the
washer then I consider that a good thing.  Better I know now than be
having surgery to remove it from my ferret later!