Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 22:41:43 -0700
Dick Bossart asked:
>Does anyone out in CA land have access to data or a sound estimate on how
>much money the State is now putting out to harass, investigate, jail, and
>publish anti-ferret literature.

I'd sure like to know these figures also, but they're not something that CA
Fish & Game will release to us willingly.  When asked to justify its budget,
F&G probably pumps the $$$ up.  When questioned on the savings of
legalization, F&G probably minimizes them.  Not too surprising.  It's hard
to nail down a public agency whose strongest assets are propaganda
generation and political connections.  It'd be interesting to be a
fly-on-the-wall during a closed Commission hearing.  Or better yet, to do a
little ferreting through the confidential files.

KI (anon) asked:
>Can they [ferrets] be purchased in Las Vegas?
>Is there a waiting period?  How much do they cost?

Ferrets can be purchased in LV for around $130.  No waiting period, but you
might want to wait until July to see how the CA legalization effort goes.

swamp

"Who, me officer? What's a ferut? These guys?? No, they're Polish cats."