Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 17:36:35 -0800
Hello to all,

I am from Sanborn, Iowa.  On wednesday night I was watching a show on IPTV
(Iowa Public Televison) called The Secret Life of the Brain.  It had to
deal with babies and how their brian cells develop.  Near the end, the
showed a painting of a women and her Albino dark-eyed ferret.  I THINK the
painter was DiVinci?  But they talked about how they did tests on ferrets
with vision and how they percieve any certain thing.  Then they ?rewired?
the ferrets brain so what they saw went to their auditory parts of the
brain.  I was really paying attention as it did kinda lose me after not
too long, but I just thought I'd mention about the painting that I saw, I
haven't ever seen a painting with a ferret in it.

The show is on again this Sunday and will watch more closely to see if
everything is right.  BUT I don't think that they were using ferrets in
the bad kind of experiments where they could die.  That's why I want to
see it again, it kinda bugged me that they were doing that, but maybe it's
not all bad?  Who knows?

Update: George and Grizzly did GREAT with their baths on wednesday too.
Barley had any troubles.  I think they kinda like it, hehe.  As of
tommorow my room should be TOTALLY ferret proofed.  My door for some odd
reason is a bit high of the ground (many ESCAPES) and I am getting it
lowered.  So that way I don't have to make sure the fuzzies escape, I can
trust them to not get out so they may have LONGER roam of the room.  I
always had to watch the door, it will be TONS easier this way.  Almost 2
weeks I've had my fuzzies, and I swear George is getting FATTER, he's only
about 3 lbs.  but I can feel it on him.  Maybe the door fixing will get
him down a bit as it kinda sucks having to sit on the floor for a half
hour keeping watch.  Not that I don't enjoy it, I hope you understand.

Thank you to William for answering me question about scratching.  They
still do it even after the bath, but it DOES seem less frequently.  Still
keeping an eye on it just incase though.

That should be all for now, gotta get out the 'kiddes' so they can cause
more trouble.

Alison and the ferrets George and Grizzly

ps- sorry if it's so long and I bored you.