Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 08:46:48 -0500
Hi all!
I have a question about my 4 month old ferret "Willow".

When we have her out playing she will get real excited, and then she has
bitten both my husband, and myself to the point of drawing blood!  The
other day she bite me real good twice right in a row when I was squeaking
our dogs toy at our dog!  She ran right over and bite me on my wrist twice
before I could grab her by the nap of her neck!  She bite my hubby when he
was sitting on the floor on his arm and HUNG ON!  Twice now right after
she bite my hubby she went poopy.  Is she trying to tell us she had to go
potty, or what?  What should I do when she bites us?  We don't want to
make her mean, or hurt her when she bites us, but dog gone it hurts!  LOL
What should we do that we are not already doing?  When she bites we grab
her by the "nap" of her neck, and hold her up in front of our face and say
in a scolding voice, "NO Willow, you don't bite"!  Then we take her back
and put her in her cage, and tell her she was a bad girl!  Is that the
correct way to do it?  Is there something else we can do to stop her
biting?  We love her dearly even though she is our first ferret, and we
have only had her for 5 weeks now!

It seems like we have had her longer than that, because she has really
"weaseled" her way in to our hearts! : 0 )

Can anyone offer some advice here?  Will she "out grow" this biting
anytime soon?  Thanks!

Kathy Tyler
Double Royale T Quarter Horses
White Cloud, MI.
Breeding & Sales of Foundation bred Quarter Horses
STANDING AT STUD: AQHA INCENTIVE FUND Royale King Leo Bars
http://www.qhd.com/stallion.asp?id=3D5294
http://community.webshots.com/user/doublet43
http://stallionfinder.com/qh/r/royale-king-leo-bars.htm
http://www.buyhorsesonly.com/search_result_detail.php?horse_ad_id=3D210