From:
Fred A Hurd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 20:10:33 EDT
Hey Gang!!

Well I just got caught up with the FLM here lately.  My wife and I went on
a trip all the way to Virginia Beach, VA.!!  We stayed with Carole and Tom
McCraig., These are WONDERFUL Folks!!!  Carole is the director for the
Tidewater Ferret Rescue.  This is one very dedicated lady folks.  If anyone
out there is looking to sponser a ferret rescue/shelter, may I humbly ask
that you consider the Tidewater Ferret Rescue.  Carole can be reached at
[log in to unmask]  I learned alot watching Carole minsiter to all her
shelter kids and I spoiled a bunch of them too!!!

We love Virginia.  I got to meet some very wondeful ferret folks there
too, I met Sue, and Ann, and Lori, and Lisa..Hi Lisa!!  Hi Gang!!  WOW.
I now know that I am not the only total ferret freak in the world.  More
importantly my wife Nita has learned that her husband is not the only
total ferret freak in the world..LOL

I get very very excited when I get around ferret folks, I get talkitive and
very animated.  We got to attend a first ferret group meeting and I shared
some of the issues we faced here with the advent of The Northern Nevada
Ferret Network here in Reno!!  I am sure they were glad to be shut of me
but Oh well!!!  I loved it.

Now as to the toenail issue...well if ever cutting a toenail too short
disqualifies one from EVER owning ( or being owned by ..) a ferret, then I
guess someone had better come and get my 21 babies to make sure they are
"safe".  My wife and I just did toenails and ears, and flea treatment.  and
yes outta the 21 babies, I cut one toenail too short.  The lil girl in
question is a "jumper" and she decided to try to jump right in the middle
of my cutting a toenail.  No she didn't "bleed out" and die.  I got a bit
of quick stop and a cold wet towel on it and she was fine in about three
minutes.  But as I understand the "new rules" I guess I am not to be
trusted with my beloved babies anymore.  LOL Yeah right.  Besides I am the
only person who knows just where they are are ticklish, and I am the only
person Dianne will let hold her and kiss on her.  Eveyone else she tried
to bite!!  LOL She truely is Daddy"s Girl!!!  Heheheheheheh.  Now I don't
Always cut em too short but on occassion, I do manage to "mangle" one or
two.  Now I know that no one else out there has ever cut a toenail too
short, so I guess I am just not a "good ferret parent"!!  LOL Oh say if
ya think I torture them ferts with the nail clippers, then ya should see
what I do to them cleanning their teeth!!!LOL

Oh as a side post here...Our big Angoran Albino boy Saber...he is usually
a terror when it come to trying to cut his nails which most of the time,
I just haul him into the vet and let them hog tie and trim him...but this
time he even held up his feet so I could clip them!!  Go figure that one
out peeps!!  Maybe I ain't so bad at this stuff after all!!!  Saber has
fully recovered from his adrenal surgery and is growing hair like there
is no tomorrow!!  He rubs it up against you so you will be sure to notice
it !!  Ya gott love em folks....they's ferrets!!

After All It Is For The Ferrets!!
Fred Hurd
Reno Nevada
And The Western 21!!!