From:
Kylie Preisig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 14:42:06 -0800
There has finally been some news about the Queensland ferret "Richard" who
bit a policeman on the penis after being confiscated.  The owner has been
in court and pleaded guilty.  He was not convicted, and the ferret is not
going to be put down!

Apparently the owner can apply for a licence to keep the ferret.  This is
something I am going to look into - I want one too!

The NSW Ferret Welfare Society is going to take the ferret if the owner
can't keep him.

Online articles at:

http://thecouriermail.com.au/common/story_page/0,2294,356521%255E3102,00.html

http://www.theage.com.au/news/20000225/A37845-2000Feb24.html

Note the bit about "stoking his sleeping ferret on his lap".  Looks like
journalists have just one thing on their minds...

Kylie
Queensland, Australia

[p.s.]
Addendum to last post:

Also note the fact that the story made the FML made the news!  We're famous!