From:
Korri Fleming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 20:36:37 -0400
Hi everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for the support and kind words
over the past week with the loss of Laverne.  Ferret owners are very
special people of very special animals and that was evident by the emails
from total strangers that I received.  It is easier now to think of the
wonderful times that were spent with Laverne and knowing that she is not
suffering anymore.  It was a shock to lose her like that and we have so
many questions that are left unanswered but we will not dwell on it
anymore.  We will go on with her memory tucked safely in our hearts.

My husband and I were worried about Shirley seeing how she's never been
alone before.  She was acting a little peculiar..  looking for her buddy,
sticking close to us (which she never did before).  We thought long and
hard and decided to get her a companion.  Not only for her but also for
us too.  Sooo.......

I'd like to announce the arrival of TAZ!!!  He is a 7 week old
butterscotch.  He really fits his name as he is an active lil devil.  Boy
am I going to have question for everyone!!  The girls were a year old when
we got them so having a baby is a whole new ball of wax for us.  He is a
cute lil guy and very lovable.  He won't replace Laverne because she will
always have a special place in our hearts and her own personality.  He will
fill a void that was left by her for Shirley and myself.

The first questions I have for everyone is:

How do we get Taz and Shirley together?  Right now she grabs onto him and
tries to shake the stuffing out of him.  We have them in separate cages and
give them supervised visits... but she wants to drag him by the neck.  Is
this a dominance thing?  How long before she will accept him?

Once again, from my heart, thanks to everyone on the list!  You've been a
blessing during this hard time and I know you will be in the future.

Korri
Shirley and Taz
Laverne (gone but not forgotten)