From:
Kim Crivello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2012 19:44:08 -0700
Foreverhome

I remember when you rescued me.
You wrapped me up in a blanket and promised me a foreverhome.
You said I would never be alone and scared again.
And, I danced with joy.

I remember when I met my new friends.
You put me in the bathtub and made me be all wet.
Then I saw someone who looked like me, then another, then another.
And, I danced with joy.

I remember when you taught me to fly.
You piled up pillows and gently tossed me into the fluffiness.
I dooked with happiness and ran to you for more, over and over.
And, I danced with joy.

I remember when I got sick.
You held me and gave me kisses and told me it was ok to go.
You said there were friends who left before me who would show the way.
You said when I got there I would once again dance with joy.

I remember when I went to the Bridge.
I could still feel your kisses on my nose but I didn’t hurt anymore.
I knew what to do when I got my wings because you had taught me to fly.
I didn't mind getting wet when I played in the clouds because you
taught me getting wet was fun.
I wasn’t scared or alone because I had friends at this foreverhome.
I knew I would see you again at this beautiful Bridge.
And, I danced with joy.

~In loving memory of Odie

Our beautiful Odie left for the Bridge suddenly on May 25. Currently,
he is trying out his new wings and dancing with long lost friends. Once
he gets used to his new duties at the Bridge, he will resume his work
on Facebook as a spokesferret for all the unloved and unwanted ferrets
around the world. And, we will dance with joy.

Odeum "Odie" Foreverhome was a GCFA rescued ferret. In 2010, his old
owners left him in a parking lot at a pet supply store. The store
manager took him in and was going to give him away for free to the
first person who wanted him. His future was uncertain and he was
scared. His old owners didn't take care of him and he was thin and
dirty. A nice person who saw him at the store knew there was a ferret
show at the Odeum that day. The nice person went to the Odeum and found
a volunteer (Aunt Norine) and told her about the abandoned ferret.
Norine hurried to the store, picked him up, and took him back to the
Odeum. This sweet, deaf ferret found his forever home that day with
volunteers, Kim and Ron Crivello. Odie became a Facebook favorite as
GCFA's spokesferret and advocate for ferret rescues worldwide. Odie
was a Certified Therapy Ferret with Paws for Friendship and was a
favorite at Meet the Ferrets events.