Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 16:09:47 EDT
Hello everyone,

The latest regarding SB 1093 is that the bill has failed to make it off the
suspense file.  That means it will be held there until next year where it
will either be voted on or held again and die as it did in the Senate
Appropriations Committee under Senator Johnston.

Assemblymember Migden, Chair of the Assembly Appropriations Committee said,
"this

is a bad year for ferrets--the bill is being held in Committee." The
suspense file is usually a matter of dollars and priorities, though there
is the possibility that Governor Davis asked that the bill not reach his
desk.  The best thing we can do in the future is ensure that there is no
study in any ferret legalization bill.

I'll pass along more information as I find it out.  Please do NOT call me
for information or updates.  I simply cannot accept phone calls and have
passed along all of the information I have available to me at this point.
Thanks for your consideration on this matter.

Jeanne Carley
Californians for Ferret Legalization
410 Mountain Home Rd.
Woodside, CA 94062