From:
"Mark R. Zmyewski" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:07:17 -0500
Hi.

I haven't written in a LONG time, but am still lurking.

To Damon and Penny: Have you tested for E. coli?  I know this sounds
strange, but way back when I only had 3 ferrets, all three came down with
explosive diarrhea (sorry, but it WAS explosive), lethargy, weight loss
and loss of appetite.  We tested for everything, but nothing showed up
positive.  Finally, as a last resort, my vet sent a blood sample to the
University of Tennessee and the report showed an overgrowth of E. coli.
You may want to look for this.  Just my $0.02.

On another subject, after 5 years and MANY ferrets later, the carpet in my
spare bedroom must go.  It smells!  I have steam cleaned, carpet-freshed,
but to no avail.  I was thinking about putting in pet stain resistant
carpet but wondered how effective it would be.  (I have also stapled
carpet runner at the base of all four walls.)  I also wondered about
vinyl/linoleum.  Does anyone have any ideas as to the best type of
flooring I should use?  I know there are pros and cons to each.

-Mark Zmyewski
 Cloud Nine Ferrets
 Huntsville, Alabama