From:
dan christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 08:08:15 -0700
All,
Yesterday Bandit went for his second round of surgery, this time the
spleen was removed and the 2nd adrenal (debulked), it was huge as Dr.
Weidman would come to tell us, when we picked him up yesterday.  I took
the day off to spend caring for my fuzzy boy, today & find that i am
working a 6 day week next week, all sorts of hours.

Many thanks to all who kept my Bandit in thoughts and prayers, while i
was @ work, hubby was home, but since i don't take losses very well, i
began to worry, since no one called me, and i was thinking that they were
waiting till i got home to break the news, so i had to call home myself.
When the office called, they didn't go into detail, so we got the whole
story when we picked Bandit up straight from Dr. Weidman (she usually
calls after the clinic calls).  Bandit is resting well now, was very
thirsty, and ate the soup recipe that i took with to the clinic to give
him if he was hungry.

Bandit is one of the original 3, and our Jalepeno is also adrenal, so she
will be going next, it is off to the bank today, to draw the $$ to pay on
Bandits bill, and the balance, which ever comes first.  We have been hard
hit this year with so many surgeries & i am hoping for a reprieve soon, so
i can pay down the remaining balance on our bill and maybe get something
stashed for the future (like this fall?)

I am going to try to forward/send something in regards to the episode
when i was missing my Epimetheus to the fml with pictures today.  I am not
so good @ this, so it may take a few trys, but there are pictures of my
Eppers, before and after his coat change and also the identifying trait
that proved he was mine (no one bothered him when he came home, either,
so i guess they all recognized him too?) It is just good to have him home
again, i hug and love on him everyday.  I haven't heard much from Dawna
Kraus regarding Slippery, and whether or not she has found her lost boy,
and i am sure that if she had found him by now, i would be one of many
she would have sent a joyous email to to say he was home, so please,
think good things for Dawna and Slippery today and when ever lost ferret
children come to mind.

Thanks to Kim @ [log in to unmask] for the Tarot reading, she was a
great help, easing my mind, and giving me something to focus on while i
was going through all of this, it was an interesting something to ponder,
when all was resolved.  I was looking in the wrong direction for him,
possibly, east when i should have been looking west?  Who knows, he could
have been held in someone's home for this period of time, too, he was in
good health and his coat was good, for all the weather we had.  Joanne
Ruffner, is the one who put it all together for me, to post to the fml,
the Finding Epimetheus story, and many thanks to her, for while she was
doing this, she was also losing her young niece.

Troy Lynn Eckert, for all the phone support and nights she patiently
listened to me, talk and talk, the guidance she offered, and still does
in caring for all of my other ferrets.

Paul, thank you for the wonderful tribute for the welcome home for Eppy.

And ALL OF YOU, for your thoughts, and prayers that i should find my
Epimetheus / Eppy/ Eppers.  He gives me kisses now!  Is beginning to come
out of that little mild shell that he must have developed, realizing that
he is REALLY home, and is playing more, and back to his antics of play,
tuck, roll.  No more evening vaudeville show though.  Thanks for sticking
with me through all of this, my heart was truly broken, when he was gone,
i really began to believe that i would not see him, till i passed from
this life, myself, and we met @ the Rainbow Bridge.  Thank you Sandee,
for giving many of us, something to hang onto when we lose our loved ones,
that bit of sunshine, and ray of hope.  Thank you to all who kept in touch
with me, after i decided not to post on the fml.  I know how hard it is
for any of you to lose one of your own, let alone have to follow a story
that seemed to have no end, BUT IT DID!

Well, please be patient with me, for now i have to figure out how to get
this page on the fml, for anyone wishing to view the little lost boy,
wayward weasel, Eppy.  He is sure a sweetheart to me.

Graci'
Always
Donna/and the Weasels from Wisconsin