From:
"A. ANCHIETA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 08:25:25 -0700
Hi All,

I was just watching CNN and saw a short ferret reference.  They were doing a
story on the woman (didn't catch the name) who wrote "In the Deep End of the
Ocean"(something close to that title anyways.).  At the end of the piece
they said that she still had time for her brood and, of course, her pet
ferrets.  They showed a picture of her feeding her ferret a treat in the
kitchen.

Now about the whole food issue...We had been feeding our two ferrets 8in1
since we bought them as kits (about 7 months ago).  We thought that they
were just fine and the food was fine because of the nutritional analysis.
Then we decided to adopt a ferret.  When we took our two guys over to the
shelter they looked incredibly thin and underweight.  Talk about feeling
really bad.  The other ferrets were running around fat and sassy while our
two kids looked very underweight.  We switched to Iams kitten food and just
today we found some Totally Ferret.  They have been gaining and filling out
on the Iams.  We are hoping that the Totally Ferret does the same job.

We now have one more ferret that we brought home from the shelter.  He is
one big, crazy guy named Dusty.  While there was a dominance struggle at
first(Mordecai, our first male, won) everyone got along pretty well.  Things
are still going good except that Dusty wants Mordy's hairbrush and Mordy
isn't willing to give it up.  Dusty will run through the room with it and
then Mordy will come flying in behind him.  Then Mordy goes zooming back to
the bedroom, brush in tow.  Has anybody learned the secret to making ferrets
share?

Happy Holidays,

Amy & Rene
Mordecai, Dusty, & Cassie