From:
Marta Towne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 20:02:48 -0600
I know some may shake their heads at this and say, So?  All Ferrets have
Fur, right?

NOPE!  Pepper, who is an average of 9 years old....a Deaf Blaze and a
Perfect First Ferret, was diagnosed with Adrenal Cancer 6 months ago.  He
has already had one gland removed and the other Debulked.  The Vet tried
several drugs, with mostly bad reactions, including a near death experienve
with Lupron.  The Vet's prognosis?  Put him down.  My response?  Is he in
pain?  Vet: no, but he will lose all his fur, get incontinent and
eventually die.  Me: Fine, I am taking him home.

He did lose all his fur and get incontinent....a REAL embarrassment to this
Proud Fert who used to be 100 % in the box......but we dealt with it.  He
never got lathargic, he stopped mouseing, but he never shied from giving a
kiss.....I found a bottle of stuff called Ferret Drops Vitamin Suppliment
with Liver and Iron.  Once a day, no matter how much he HATES them (and he
does!) I get a dropper full down him....

Two weeks ago, I started seeing some hair.  Back to the Vet.....
Vet:It is just old hair, you should really consider putting him down.....
Me: are you sure?  It wasn't there....
Vet: Yes it was, you missed it........I can give him the shot now.....
Me: Thanks, no, give me my Fert!

This week, I got Pepper out of the cage and WHAT TO MY WONDERING EYES did
APPEAR?????  FUR!  Lots of FUR!  Now, mind you, it was only on the
shoulders adn chest....but still, for a critter that was naked like two
weeks ago, this is a miracle!  NOW, he has fur on his face!

So, if you see some Crazy woman here in the middle of no where doing a
Weasil Wardance and shouting FUR!!!  MY FERRET HAS FUR!  Just ignore
me....I am just celebrating!  And if a rather embarrassed, Half naked Blaze
Ferret is trying to be invisable, humor him..he can't understand what all
the fuss is about!

Marta
Pepper, SolT, Cinnimon, Spice, Suger, Whiskers and New Arrival Miss =
Curry Ferry........