From:
kathryn terhune-cotton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 May 1998 18:10:44 -0700
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Subject: Comapnion's Choice Ferret Food
>I bought my first supply of Companion's Choice Ferret Complete Food at the
>National Ferret Fair on Sunday...
>Analysis:- Protein 39%, Fat 21%, Fibre 3.5%, Moisture 6%,...
>Ingredients:- Fish Meal, Corn, Poultry Meal, Tallow, Zmegamore, Egg Powder,
>Chicken Digest, Milk Powder, Yeast, Premium Vitamins & Minerals, Natural
>Antioxidant, Lysine, DL-methionine, Taurine & Yucca Extract.
snipped...

Hold it!  I'm done a little on line research and talked to several ferret
owners (from this list and the shelter manager here in Springfield where my
Jester is from).  Several things that all seem to be in agreement on as to
the "ideal" ferret food: The first three ingredients should be meat; corn is
difficult for a ferret to digest - not recommended; fish is for mink, not so
great for ferrets.

The protein and fat percentages sound okay but the ingredients... OY!

>Charlie, the rep, took time out to meet most of my ferrets, Button a cute
>polecat jill captured his heart and bestowed heaps of ferret kisses on him.

The other thing I wonder about it your reference to a "polecat jill" ...
"bestowed heaps of ferret kisses on him."  I thought I've read on here that
polecats and ferrets are different species, no??

Anyone want to jump in here and straighten me out?  I admit I don't read
*every* message on here, but what have I missed??

===
(the other) Kat