From:
Laurie Long <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 19:57:30 -0500
Hi All,
First - I want to thank everyone who has sent donations.  I am so grateful
to you all.  Second I want to say Thank you to Jean Caputo Lee because
without her I would have never been able to do any of this.  Now that I
think about it, I don't know if I should thank her or shoot her (only
kidding).  I am trying to thank everyone personally but some of the people
are not on-line & I have been pretty busy so if I have missed you - for
this I am sorry but just want to let you know that with your help, these
little fur kids are going to get the second chance that they so much
deserve.  They have their own page & if you would like to take a look -
www2.suite224.net/~ncfs1997/mils.html

All donation infomation is there also.

Took one to the vet today - he has a lump on his side which turns out is
probably a tumor on or very near his kidney with much fluid in it.  Next
the little girl with the severe prolasped rectum has to go.  I have been
using Prep H & it hasn't helped at all so now we need to see if something
is going on internally that has kept this going on.  Tomorrow I will start
giving them their distemper shots that a ferret angel sent to me and then
after they are all updated, they will go in for the spays & neuters.  They
all are getting nicer & nicer by the day.  It's really great to see a 6 yr
old fert that was scared to come out of the cage jump around & play like a
kit - That really makes my day!  That tells me that all of this is well
worth it!!!  Even though I do have moments that I question my sanity.  Once
again - Thank you to all concerned - Bless your fuzzy little hearts.

Laurie Long
The Raisin Retreat
Elyria, Ohio
Founding member-IFWS