From:
"F. Scott Giarrocco" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 04:48:50 -0400
>From:    karen vance <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Skunks
>Do any of us have skunks?  Do they get along with ferrets?  Is there a skunk
>mailing list?  Karen

Yes Karen, some ferret owners do share their homes with pet skunks.  I
cannot speak for all ferret/skunk households, but in every one I know of
personally both get along just fine.  Here, I share my home with 24 ferrets,
4 skunks, a hedgehog, and a Southern Flying squirrel.  Two of the skunks are
babies from this year's litter and were welcomed into the extended mustilid
family with open paws by the ferrets.  The babies have been forced to endure
ear cleanings and groomings by the more maternal of my females -- jills and
sprites alike -- and invited to play in the ferret tunnels by the others.

As for a daily skunk mailing list, I do not know of one -- which does not
mean it does not exist.  For eight years I was unaware of the FML.

Scott