Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2014 10:41:19 -0500
We are having an auction Sunday the 6th at the Petco in Grapevine Texas
starting at 1:30 pm. We have tons of wonderful stuff, some new, some
slightly used, and great bargains. There are ferret hammock sets, beds,
jewelry, pictures, trees, tents, gym sets, collector stuffed ferret
toys, tubes, food and litter containers (big) filled with Yesterday
News or supplies, books, toys, Easter eggs in cute cute designs, cages,
carriers, oh my I can't think of everything. We have a cover dished
dinner, a real auctioneer presiding, and lots of new people who go away
feeling they are related to a lot of the people there. We have this
auction about twice a year to help with the vet bill (just paid close
to $1200 two weeks ago to one vet and its already back up to over $1300
and I don't know what our other vets bill is as we pay it quarterly to
our other vet). So if you can make it, you will have a lot of fun and
help us get our bills paid up to date again. (we had a lot of surgeries
the last couple of months)

Of course, NO ferrets are in the auction.

We would never ever put a ferret up for the highest bidder, my gosh if
you all knew how many people we do turn down - mostly for being in an
apartment. We do check with apartment managers before we adopt and ask
for letter allowing ferrets or copy of pet deposit. Secondly having a
lot of animals and none of them up to date on vaccinations (if they
don't take care of their other animals, they won't the ferrets either).
Oh yes, and having children under 5. Some times we waive that if enough
of age they can hold the ferret without squeezing or stepping on them
or throwing them down when they are done with them or pulling them out
of the tubes by their tail and/or stuffing them into the tubes. We take
adoption seriously as it costs us a lot of money doctoring some of
these we get in back to health - we don't want them to go where they'll
be hurt or neglected or killed if we can help it.

Millie Sanders at Txferretrescue.org
with Texas Ferret Lovers Rescue and
connecting Foster homes and sanctuaries