From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1993 21:00:01 -0500
Hi all, I'm the still fairly new pet of Punk and Rock, two neutered yet
manly ferrets, one a white footed sable about 17 weeks, the other a silver
about 11 weeks (who just emerged from a bath still kicking and screaming...
now they think they are ballistic missiles as they rip around the house
trying to dry off on the carpet!)

Anyway, someone wrote in asking about whether MA was a FFZ, and another
mentioned the legislation pending to legalize ferrets.  I thought I
would let you all know that I called my rep to find out the status
of the bill...and it looks good!  One of the aides there told me that
it already had passed in the House and several committees, and if it
had gotten that far, it was likely to fly through all the other
committees, sub-committees, sub-sub committees, etc!  We also had
a nice conversation about ferrets in general! :)  Whether this will
happen by January...well, let me just say the response to that question
was a sarcastic chuckle..but at least we have 'eventually'!

Also thought I'd mention that putting cushy stuff in the corners where
you don't want your ferrets to "go" has been a tad short of successful..
they just play in the stuff (I used sheets) and drag it around.  ::sigh::

It's been great 'listening' to all the great stuff on this mailing list--
I would have commented sooner except that d-lite keeps failing my
internet sends and it took some courage to return to the 'old' way of
doing things!

Condolences to all of you who have sick ferrets or ones recently passed
away...one of the reasons I got these guys is that my two dogs are
getting up there, one who is acting very healthy now but has a very
bad heart and could be gone in the blink of an eye.  A lousy thing
to think about, of course, but the price one pays for loving anything.

Tracy and "The Ferre-Tones" (and boy do they 'sing' in the bath!)