From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 11:35:05 -0800
As much as I respect and admire Mr. Chessum, I don't feel that people
who let a countries media or politicians know they are avoiding the
country as a vacation site, or products produced therein, as 'foreigners
meddling'.  If you have a problem, go to the source.  If the country is
deemed unhospitable by us, as a vacation site, let the country, through
its media, know.  If you are outraged by a store's policies, you don't
buy their products.  So by the same token, if you are outraged by a
countrie's ban on ferrets as companion animals, for pete's sake, let the
country know.

In my opinion, most everything goes to basics.  If the workers jobs are
reduced because people are avoiding the country and the products thereof,
the politicians who passed this ban won't be re-elected.  With a new crop
of politicians, comes an opportunity to recind the ban.  People will not
re-elect someone they feel has had a detremental impact on their
livlihood, it won't be 'better the devil you know', it will be 'he can't
be any worse than the guy we have in there now'.

I don't buy that much 'New Zealand product', so what companies that do
business here, that we buy the product of, also do business in NZ?  The
US economy isn't all that hot either, in case nobody's been paying
attention, mfr's are worried, this is the time to get their ear, with a
proposal to ban their products, on the basis of their doing business with
New Zealand.

What happens to the current ferret breeders in New Zealand?  Can they
still ship ferrets to the United States?

Georgia - the left coast one...