Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 07:48:49 -0700
I have a ferret that seems to be behaving much like Slinky.  His name is
Moffet.  He is very picky about what he eats.  I had some Iams cat food
around from my cat...he will munch on that a bit.  Will NOT touch his
totally ferret.  I even try to mix them together to fool him into eating
the totally ferret...no way man...Too smart for that!

I have had some luck mixing vanilla ensure with the totally ferret in a
blender...making it very smooth..he will drink some of that.  I mix in
some "mother milk" sometimes...it's from the pet store, for abandoned
animals or one's that won't nurse.  That seemed to put some weight on.
Not enough though.  I'm watching my little guy, who is not even 4 yet,
get thinner & thinner.  I hate this!

Over the last 11 years I have lost 10 ferrets...and I'm not ready for 11.
I currently have 5 in the house including Moffet.  I sometimes think they
know something is up with him.

Have you noticed that Slinky drinks a lot of water?  My Moffet does.  Lots!
He loves when I put him in the bathtub and put a 1/4" of water or so in
there and he will just go to town!

Moffet has not become nasty yet....but I can understand why they would if
something is constantly "no right" with them.  Moffet has never been a lap
ferret, but he does have his moments that he wants to be next to me...just
laying there.  This scares me too.  That is not his norm!  All of it makes
me nervious.  What type of gatoraid are you giving slinky?  Is that good
for them?

My Moffet has the walking trouble you spoke about too.  Just the
uncontrolable back legs..then the ocasional colapse.  The Diarrhea
too...but this gets better when I get him eating the Iams.  Strange huh?
But at least he's eating something.

Have you ever tried the "Chicken Gravy" some talk about?  I have not.  I
might if I get a good recipe for it.  I'll try anything.

You just gotta love these little ones....
-Pamela