From:
Lady of Shalott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 1996 17:13:10 -0500
Hello to all on FML!

Thank's to Dr. Williams advice, I took Hooch to Dr.Dazen's office (associate
of the "famous Dr. Kupersmith" from MF mag.).  They were very nice to me and
Hooch there!  They gave him an exam and found an enlarged spleen, and they
also took blood.  They diagnosed insulinoma, and put him on prednisone.  I
was so happy when I left there office.  I'm still beaming!!:):)

Since he has no fur from adrenal disease most other vets wanted to put him
to sleep.  I assumed they thought he was on his way out.  If I listened to
them he would have been gone years ago.  I was so happy we could help him a
little!  He might look like a shabby rat but I still love him so much!!  You
know...only a face a mother could love!  Thanks to all the doctors and
assistants that took care of us and answered our questions!  Here Comes the
help part.

Well, I just got back from our neighborhood pet store, and they have a
ferret section.  Among the toys are very soft rubber balls.  I got very
upset, since my first, very special ferret Scooter died from an intestional
obstruction that was the same soft rubber.  I told the owner and she seemed
a bit annoyed.  I told her they really weren't safe for ferrets.  She said
Not ALL ferrets chew on rubber.  I said "yes, but a lot do." "I would hate
for some child to go to the ferret section to buy a toy for his pet and just
to come back later crying because the toy he bought killed his pet." I said"
maybe you could put up a sign warning that close supervision is needed when
they play with these." She said " If I put up a sign about everything a
customer complained about there would be signs all over my store.  You came
here on the basis that your one ferret died from the rubber.  That won't
change anything.  But if you can give me some proof or literature on the
occurance of this happening I'd be glad to read it." Nice Huh?  Heres where
I need the help.  If anyone out there, the Drs., anyone with any information
on this, could you e-mail it to me.  Or just tell me where to start looking
I would appreciate it !

Thanks, margo       [log in to unmask]
"And moving through a mirror clear
That hangs before her all the year,