From:
Pollitt's <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 15:04:01 -0400
Hey Everyone!

I was gone all weekend and started reading through all the FML's to get
caught up.  I would've posted sooner, but it took me up until now to read
everything.  First of all, to Angela (who was interested in suggestions for
treats) I would reccomend using raisins in the treats.  In your list, you
seemed to list everything BUT raisins!  I don't know... maybe it was too
much of an obvious answer!  But that could be an idea.... kind of like an
oatmeal raisin thing.  Who knows!

Moving right along~ I read about people's different "ferret-like
sightings."  That post sparked a memory of something I have seen.  I was
riding the bus home from school and an animal darted across the street.
What caught my attention is that the creature (whatever it was) looked like
it was war-dancing right across the street!  I don't know.  Maybe it was a
dog and I *wished* it was a ferret.  Maybe it was something else.  What was
even more weird was that a few days later I was going hiking, and on the
way home (in the car) another one appeared and darted across the road, in
that same war dance jive!  So maybe YOU could tell ME.  Am I seeing things,
or is there some kind of weasel like thing indiginous to Maryland.  All

Well, I recieved the shelter list as well.  It surprised me to find out
that there were no Maryland shelters listed!  Now I know that they exist...
and in fact, I was curious to know if there were any near me.  Any ferret
shelters near or around Harford County???

Finally, I would like to thank the other teens who spoke out about ferret
ownership.  After thinking for a while, I realized that it IS hard, I have
just grown accustomed to it.  I don't want to spread the wrong message, as
I might have in my previous post about teen stereotypes.  Ferret owning is
not a peice of cake, its a lifestyle that you have to grow accustomed to.
Its something that you can't just decide spur of the moment.  I'm glad that
other teens are speaking out about this, because advice comes best from
people with similarities.  When teenagers hear something from an older
person, SOME (definitely not all) tend to consider it nagging.  When
hearing it from someone their own age, maybe those who do this will
actually consider the advice.  I hope that by reading the recent posts
though, ALL people will think before they purchase a pet.

Erin and the Wired WEasels
Rocki, Snickers, Vir, Zeus, and Saucey
http://www.maxpages.com/ferretz