From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 09:19:19 EST
I know some of you have already done this...but it's something that
others might never have thought about.  It's kind of a squeamish topic to
some, and I apologize for that, but it's important.

You never know when something might abruptly end your time on earth.

Please, take the time now to plan for your pets.  Even if you have an
S.O.--what if that person should go at the same time you do?

Please, make arrangements for a freind or family member to take care of
your animals if something should happen to you.  And take a few moments
and a few dollars a month and plan for them financially as well.  Take
out a life insurance policy and name the person who will be taking on the
responsibility for your pets as the beneficiary.  It doesn't need to be
for a huge amount, and if you shop around for a term policy it will be
very inexpensive as well.

This is particularly important for shelter operators and people who own
many ferrets!

Make your wishes known to your family and friends, by the time your will
is read it might be too late.  Make sure those people have the names and
phone numbers of the people who will be taking on your pets as well.

I wish you all a happy, safe, and healthy New Year!

Anne