From:
Kelleen Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 01:46:36 -0800
Hi all,

Someone mentioned their fuzzies playing with Koosch balls a couple days ago
and I would like to warn against this.  My kids also had some of the little
Koosch balls and did not chew or eat them at all either, AT FIRST.  After
they had been there so long I forgot all about them, partly because they
pretty much completely ignored them, all of a sudden I saw the strangest
little poopy's I've ever seen.  Ever see a brown poopy with colorful
confetti in it?  It took me a bit to finally figure out that it was little
bits of colored rubber they had chewed off of the Koosch balls.  There was a
lot of it too.  I of course panicked and went on a seek and destroy mission
thruout my home to find every last Koosch ball there ever was.  EVERY one of
them had been chewed extensively and I count myself most lucky that they
were such tiny bits that they passed right on thru w/o causing a blockage.
Nevertheless if they eat enough of even tiny bits it could still cause a
very serious blockage requiring surgery and then recovery if you are lucky.
So please do not let your sweet babes play with rubber of any kind even if
they seem to be good about not chewing it.  It is a ferret's perogative
(sp?) to change it's mind:-)

*          Kelleen & The INSANE Animal House        *
*          President & Founder of  * F.A.N.G.*      *
*         (Ferret Association of Neverending Glee)  *
*          Location : Boise, Idaho                  *
*I'll take a good animal over a good mate anyday,   *
*all THEY want is lots of love and great chow!!!!   *