Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 08:25:04 EDT
I feed my ferrets Skunkie Delight, a raw turkey diet based on Dr.
Pitcairn's cat diet.  It doesn't have a large amount of fat, so I use
water from boiled chicken breasts with the skin on to cook the grain in.
I have a MF ferret with insulinoma, he's the 4th I've treated in 3 years.
He's doing the best, very little Pred and his energy is awesome.  He was
diagnosed over a year ago when he was 2.  I only have one ferret that
wouldn't eat it.  I also feed Totally Ferret through out the day.  I swear
by SD for my skunks and I feel it has extended Berlioz' life.  He's just
starting to get a Pred belly, but plays and jumps and eats great.  As
long as raw meat is handled properly, I feel it is best for carnivores.

Carla Roberts
ADSA, AL President