From:
Jennifer Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:48:54 -0500
I posted a few weeks ago about Sid's missing kidney and the other being
enlarged.  Well, Sid had 2 ultrasounds done yesterday and it turns out that
he has two perfect little kidneys, but also another 'something'.  The vet
performing the ultrasound is one of the premier ferret experts in this
country, Anna Edling, so I'm not questionning her findings or
recommendations.  What I want to know is if any other FMLer has ever
experienced this problem.

Dr. Edling found 2 healthy kidneys, but another lump near the one kidney.
She performed 2 ultrasounds on 2 different machines, one more sensitive
than the other.  The lump does not appear to be attached to ANYTHING, it
just seems to be there.  She is somewhat dumbfounded because Sid is very
healthy, has put on winter weight (actually he is a little pudge boy, looks
like a baby polar bear).  We are rescanning him in a week to see if the
lump has changed and possibly aspirating (spelling?) him, inserting a thin
needle into the lump and running a cytology panel.  Has anyone ever seen
something like this before?  He is extremely healthy, about 20 months old,
beautiful coat, the picture of health.  Sid is an albino and Triple F farms
(he was a rescue when he came to me).

Thanks!

Jen and Gang