Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 12:19:46 -0700
Hey y'all!  Hope everyone is well and enjoying beautiful Spring weather
(as we are here in sunny - YES, SUNNY - Seattle!)

Got a quick question ... Now that my Sasha has been officially diagnosed
with adrenal disease, my mind is racing in every direction.  I spoke with
Dr. Alice Davis in Portland and have scheduled Sasha's surgery with her
on Friday, May 7th (two weeks away).  I'm confident Sasha's in good hands
but I'm VERY concerned about Sasha's condition right now ...

How can I (or a vet) accurately tell just exactly at what stage in the
disease Sasha is at?  Although she's not lost any hair whatsoever, she's
grooming her brother Snowy to death, sleeping much more than usual, and
has the very pronounced vulva (that pretty much doubled in size, from
nothing to what it is now, in just about 2 weeks).

How do I know how quickly I need to act with her surgery?  The next two
weeks is going to drive me insane with worry, wondering how sick she
really is and if I should have the surgery done sooner???

My regular vet did recommend doing an ultrasound but I've heard both
pro's and con's about that - mostly con's because ultrasounds don't
provide as accurate an assessment of the severity of the adrenal onset
as one would like.  I just don't feel the ultrasound is necessary since
it's visibly obvious the adrenal condition exists.

WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS HOW FAR ALONG IN THIS IS SHE - is that possible
to know pre-surgery?  Any advice and recommendations would be GREATLY
APPRECIATED!  Please email directly

(And a HUGE thanks to Chris Mathis at the Oregon Ferret Shelter for her
willingness to help us out while the kiddos and I are down in Portland.
I can't believe I never knew about the OFS because I grew up less than
15 minutes away from there!)

Jen, Sasha & Snowy in sunny Seattle :-)