Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:20:57 -0700
Hey one of our vets learned 5 days ago of a procedure that gives our
kids better chances of recovering from adrenal surgery!!!! It's about
time!!

He said they put a band on it which slowly closes choking off the blood
supply to the tumor,then after 6 weeks they go back in and remove it,by
then the capularies and everything is stong enough around it to support
it being removed.

He said with the OLD way of doing the surgery 1 in 4 ferrets would pass
away. In the NEW banding surgery 1 in 14 passes away.

He did his first banding surgery today on our little girl Megan,she was
his (ferret)guinea pig.

I'll let you all know how she does....

Jody