Date:
Sun, 12 May 2002 10:30:31 -0600
Dear FML members,

Please note that the Alberta Ferret Society of Calgary has not changed its
name and continues to operate as before with its sister Chapter (and Head
Office) in Edmonton.  Trusted members of the Calgary Board, supposedly
acting on behalf of the AFS, have without the knowledge or consent of the
Society, announced a name change and creation of a new organization, and
incorrectly stated that it would replace the Calgary Chapter of the AFS.

Please note that FRES, purported to be its own registered charity.  is
not associated with the Alberta Ferret Society in any way, shape or
form.  For members who presently hold an AFS membership, know that you
are still a valued member, and that the AFS is committed to continuing
its relationship with you.  This change in the Board has only temporarily
caused a glitch in the works, and although we are still operating, we will
need your patience while dealing with this situation.  Your continued
support is greatly appreciated, and you will be updated as to the current
status of the Calgary Chapter of the AFS.

AFS members will receive an official statement shortly.

best regards,
Betty Janner
on behalf of Barb Gustafson
President