Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 10:28:26 -0400
>I must admit that I feel somewhat bitter about this, particularly
>considering the many trips I made up to the person's house to ferretsit,
>the gas, tolls and time it took for me to make those trips ..  and the fact
>that it was ten ferrets for two weeks, too.  I hope it works out better for
>you than it did for me.

If you want to ferret sit, whether it's for yourself or the shelter, get
payment from the person and *you* send it.  People, being human, forget,
don't really want to, find other things to do with the money, etc.  If they
have to pay you to get their ferrets back (or get you out of their
livingroom), they'll do it.  If they don't *have* to pay you, it might be
just too easy to forget about the whole thing.

I think people in general are basically honest, but some people have more
trouble with money than others.  I don't borrow money unless I'm really
really up against the wall, because it's so hard to pay it back.  It's like
I have to have twice as much money ... the money to give the person and the
money I'd need anyway.

I think ferret sitting to raise money for shelters is a good idea.  Just set
it up so for the person having their ferrets 'sat', it's a normal business
exchange.

--Barb--