From:
"Regina J. Hart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 10:46:36 -0500
Hi everybody!  The more I read and the more I see, the more I realize that
we ferret folks desparately need to help educate other ferret owners and pet
stores alike.  I've been mulling over ways to accomplish these tasks, and I
have the following suggestions:

DONATE A BOOK
Think of all of the people that you can help if you purchase a good ferret
book or two and donate them to your local library.  For $15 to $30 and very
little time, you can reach out to your whole community.  I highly recommend
Deborah Jeans, A Practical Guide to Ferret Care and Mary Shefferman, The
Ferret.  If you don't know where to get these great books, drop me a line,
and I'll point you in the right direction.

PET STORE FERRET CARE FACT SHEET
I have written a one-page, "pet store friendly" fact sheet that can be given
or mailed to any and all pet stores in your area.  It covers only the most
basic of ferret needs (housing, water, food, bedding, litter, toys), but it
addresses the most common pet store mistakes (wood chips, no food, latex
toys, etc.).  It is intended to be presented in a positive, informative
manner to pet store owners/managers.  I will gladly make this fact sheet
available to anyone who asks.  You can use my sheet or use it as inspiration
to make your own.  I welcome any suggestions that you have to add to or to
change the fact sheet.

Cheers,
Gina the Monkeywrangler
and the Chimps of Mayhem:  Paleface (Bean), Gunnar the Red (Goose), Daniel
Spikey Tiger (Spike), Beau Geste (Bo Bo), Harriet (Hawwiet) and Wienerbutt
(Weenie)