Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 08:30:10 -0500
Lisa Goggins wrote that her ferret eats her bed.  I know EXACTLY what she's
talking about.

My oldest ferret, Mooch (MF now 7 years and healthy!) chews on the rug
remnants I lay in his cage.  He shares it with 5 others (don't worry they
get mucho free range time in their own bedroom) and I suspected it was
because he was bored.  Now, he doesn't chew on the corners, but right smack
in the middle and teeth against nylon makes a noise that is worse than
running your fingers down a blackboard.  I am continually telling him to
stop it (which he usually does after the 3rd or 4th warning growl from me,
LOL).  If this is a sign of something deeper than boredom, please advise.
I'm waiting for him to start pooping out some wicker furniture for the
spare room!

I've decided to finally enter a ferret show for the first time in my ferret
history!  I think it will be fun!  I just found out, though, that my marked
white is turning yellow because I've changed from 8in1 to Totally Ferret.
I've been told it's because of the chicken in the food.  Here I am, finally
able to give my guys a really good food, life, home (they were very patient
during the 6 months that we had to finish school) and now he'll get points
off for being yellow from a good food.  *groan* what a contradiction!  I
hate going to a mediocre food just to win a ribbon?!  In all respects I
feel he is a fabulous candidate for a ribbon (but don't we all feel the
same about our fuzzies!?!).  What to do?!  What to do?!  Can any of you
recommend a diet that doesn't compromise quality of nutrition, yet doesn't
turn him yellow?  As it stands this will probably end up just being a
practice run for the next show as I don't know if I have enough time to
change his coat back.  HUGS TO ALL FUZZIES.

Sincerely,
Dee
~~~"See a ferret, pick it up, and all the day you'll have good luck!"~~~
Mooch: "Hey, mom, have we got this rug in raisin flavor?"
'Spresso: "Ya need a kiss ma? Ya know, if ya need a kiss, you can ask me!
           Oh, please ask me!"
Breezely Bruin: "Humpf, I happen to think that yellow compliments my
          ruby eyes very nicely, thank you."
Charles: "I am the great Houdini ferret and can defy any barrier you put
          before me!"
Dash: "Da dump de dum, Da dump de dum. I can't see you but I'll dance
       around you anyway!"
Vera: "So many men, so little time *sigh* catch me if you can!"