From:
Lee McKee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 21:06:55 +0400
Weather report for those traveling to the Massachusetts Ferret Friends
Picnic at Rutland State Park, on Saturday, June 28, 1997 (noon-5pm)

-- Highs in the low to mid-80s, clear with low humidity.  Somewhat lower
temperatures expected around the lake.

For those bringing* ferrets, remember that anything over 80 degrees is a
"sco'chuh" for ferrets as well as for Bostonians.  Be sure to keep your
fuzzies cool in the car on the ride over.  Might be a good idea to bring a
cooler with bottled water, and a bag or two of ice to lay over your ferrets'
carrier at the park.  Those of you lucky enough to have an Avon
representative should consider bringing* "Skin So Soft" bath oil as an
insect repellant for ferrets.  Ferrets can get sunburn, especially on
vulnerable noses and ears.  Keep them in the shade as much as possible.
Humans should bring* sunscreen and bug repellant for themselves, as well.

Reminders: admission is $5 (children under 12 and ferrets free), park
charges $2/car for parking, some contests will have a $2 entry fee.  There
will be a vendor table, too.  Ferrets must be leashed and in carriers, and
must show proof of current rabies and distemper vaccinations.  Pack a lunch
for both 2-legged and 4-legged participants.  Come prepared to have fun.
The park is located on Rt 122A, about 2 miles west of Rutland town center
(10 miles due northwest of Worcester).  For directions, please e-mail me, or
call the Hotline: (617) 224-1098.

See you there!

-- Lee, the easily burned redhead.

* As a Californian of Swedish extraction, I confess a genetic confusion
between "bring"and "take" (I think it's on chromosome 18).  My husband
chides me about it so much that I am very confused about the difference now.
Sorry to any grammarians I have offended.