From:
shiloh_001 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 10:06:21 -0400
Okay, okay...the only Furry Inspirations that got to the Showjumping at
Hartwood show yesterday was Tess...and while hot on the trail of a new
shed blade to help me rid Tess of her corgi-induced undercoat (it took two
shows and numerous vendors to find one) I happen to glance up and saw a
saddle pad made of that incredible otter-patterned fabric that I've been
told is no longer being manufactured.

I stared at it in awed delight and mentioned it to the vendor whom I knew
from my riding days when I bought numerous things--helmet, CL schoolers,
stirrups, britches, tapes, etc.--at her store.  She got it down for me and
let me stroke it and check out the price which turned out to be less than
she'd thought.

We conversed about the fact that I did not have a horse, was not welcome
at the barn where I used to ride (their agent didn't like the fact that my
insurance company came after the owner's insurance company when I'd broken
my femur and needed a hip replacement during a fall and suggested they ban
me from the place), and now kept company with ferrets.

After thinking of last month's charge bill being extravagant, staring down
at the prized "ferret" print, and wondering what I would feel like if it
knew I'd "let it get away" I dug out my charge card and told her to "wrap
it up".  She roared w/ laughter and told a bunch of people I'd just bought
a saddle pad for six ferrets.

When I think of how much I've spent for one hammock that holds 2 or 3
ferrets and know this saddle pad can easily hold 20 I didn't get that bad
a deal.  In fact, I could slit it in half and get 2 hammies out of it or
just use it as a blankie for the little ones to hide under...or dance on
top of like they did when I put it on the floor this morning.

I know I'm more proud of it than the ferrets are, but their idea of
necessity is different from mine.

Now I'm really glad I bought it...and no, it's not for sale.  I'm going
back to the show today and will check to see if she's got any more of
these saddle pads in stock in case someone else craves something form this
incredible mustelid fabric.

Pat, proud mommy of the Furry Inspirations