Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 11:16:49 -0400
Hello Karla and other ferret people,

I am glad to know that other people's fuzzbutts are addicted to hoarding
vegetables.  Like Daisy, my Duncan has a great love of hiding potatoes.  We
knew she had this "thing" for potatoes, but we did not know how serious it
was until this morning.

My son was getting ready for school and I was on the computer reading the
FML...(got to get my "fix" early in the a.m.)...Anyway he came into the
living room carrying about a dozen potatoes he had found "stashed" in his
bottom drawer when he was looking for pants.  I thought we were going
through potatoes really fast....I knew Duncan was taking some, we would
catch her going through the living room but I had no idea she had taken that
many.  He put them back in the kitchen and sure enough when Duncan got out
of the cage, she proceeded to reclaim her "prizes".

I watched her for a few potato runs...She lifts them up way over her head
and they almost weigh about as much as she does.  She weighs 1.5 now.  She
physically is strong and she is very strong-willed.

We have tried to put the potatoes out of reach but she will get them down
somehow...I think she has gotten the cats in on her spree as well.  Henry
the cat grabbed one of the mislaid potatoes and started batting it around
this morning, too.

I figure she likes the smell of the dirt still adhering to the potatoes.
She never eats them, only carries them to her nest.  I guess I should
consider myself lucky...at least Duncan is not like Meep and addicted to
garlic...I'd rather find potatoes in my drawer than garlic.

My son told me to post this for "my ferret friends".

Also, You know you are owned by a ferret when the only place you could hide
the ferret food (Marshall Farms and Iams Kitten) was in my intimate apparell
drawer...cat proof and ferret proof...Now my undies smell like (well you
know what Marshall Farm food smells like) and I hope it never comes up as a
topic of conversation...but I really don't care.  My ferrets will have their
food!

Dooks to all,

Glenda and the Smoky Mountain Crew and potato farmers