Date:
Thu, 23 May 1996 10:22:03 -0400
In Issue 1577, Herb Mosman said he ordered several Marshall Farms products
and his ferret would not eat the treats or wear the little hats.

Four of my five ferrets like Bandits treats.  Keep trying: your ferret may
eventually decide she likes them.  My ferret who won't eat Bandits refuses
Pounce treats too.  Maybe the ingredients are similar.

I was able to get two of my ferrets to wear a little bonnet long enough to
take some cute photographs.  I tied the bonnet behind the ferret's ears,
high on the neck instead of on top of the head.  They tolerated it better
that way.  I think I tied the bonnet before slipping it over the ferret's
head.  Also, we distracted them by shaking a box of raisins.  We got some
cute photos, but it was a two-person job.  If your ferret is still a kit,
you might be better off waiting a few months until she settles down a bit.

By the way, for anyone living near the Amish area of southeastern
Pennsylvania, we got the little bonnet I'm referring to at the gift shop of
the Good 'n Plenty Restaurant, Box 57, Smoketown, PA (near Lancaster).  It
was sold as an Amish bonnet for Barbie dolls and is the perfect size for
ferrets.  Since it was not marketed as a pet product, it only cost 89 cents!