From:
Meesh Meesh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 22:09:33 PDT
Hi,
I live in Columbus, Ohio and am looking to find someone who could
potentially ferret-sit my fuzzies both in general and specifically for a
week or two in December (not x-mas time).  I have four fuzzies who all
sleep in the same large cage.  My biggest concern is that my ferrets are
ECE "naive".  That is to say, they have never been exposed to any ferrets
with ECE or who have had ECE or who may have been exposed themselves to
ECE.  They all 'grew up' in British Columbia and when I left a couple of
years ago, we hadn't had any cases of ECE in Vancouver and/or Canada itself
(maybe Ontario, can't recall).

The only people in Ohio that I know and trust to watch them are sure that
my ferrets would be at risk in their households.  I am not sure just how to
deal with this issue but I would like to talk to other ferret owners in
Columbus who might consider watching them.  Anyone who has any advice about
dealing with the ECE issue, I would welcome your responses as well.

Also, I'm intested in hearing about which vets in Columbus and the
surrounding areas are well liked and considered "good ferret vets" by the
ferret community.  I have the official list of 'ferret vets' but I"m
looking for personal opinions/experience.

Thanks,

Michaela Maurice
College of Veterinary Medicine
Ohio State University