From:
Jen Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 20:26:05 -0400
Hi all,

I thought you all might be interested in something I found out recently.
My mom was visiting a local petstore (in central PA), and got to talking
to the salesperson about ferrets (my mom has 2 furkids).  During the
conversation, the salesperson mentioned that they occassionally get "blue
ferrets" in to the store.  She had also mentioned that they get all of
their ferrets from Marshall Farms.

Well, my mom told me about this when she got home, and wondered if I had
heard of these "blue ferrets" since I'm on several ferret mailing lists
and hear about alot of different things.  I hadn't, so I decided to email
Marshall's directly and find out if there was any truth in what the
salesperson mentioned (the lady seemed like she might not quite know what
she was talking about on a few other topics).

Well, sure enough, Marshall's replied to me, and said that YES they now
have blue ferrets available.  There wasn't a great deal of information
given to me, but they confirmed the blue ferret story to be true.  They,
according to Marshall's, are like silvers with a bluish tint to their fur.
Marshall's also said that they are pretty rare at this point.  I haven't
seen one for myself yet, since that petstore hasn't had any recently.  If
they get any in, I'd like to see what they look like, so I'll probably go
up to see them.  If I'm able to get ahold of any pictures I will be sure
to let you all know.

 Happy Dookin'
 Jen, Mike & the Furkids
 Loki, Fria, Jamocha, Duke & Vivi