From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 16:12:14 -0500
>My project is currently in negotiations with a plastic injection molder
>and I hope to have it complete over the next month or two.

Unfortunately, I have some very serious personal reservations about using
plastic, not least of which is that there has been a sad cadre of ferrets
mentioned here over the years which asphyxiated due to sleeping in plastic
containers, a danger which could be aggravated by multiple ferrets sleeping
together like they enjoy, so you would have to have ways to offset that
hazard.  How do you plan to address light getting in?  Many plastics aren't
opaque.  What do you plan to use for a black-out cover and curtain, and
what is the spacing of breathing holes like? I know it's possible to have
safe plastic containers since  we've had several who like sleeping in the
hamster balls with the VERY many slits for air, but one would have address
that ESSENTIAL need and the light exclusion to fit the bill.

Non-profit status is state by state.  Tax deductible is federal and often
takes at least a year (having been involved with an educational charity
while it was getting the second).

Way to go, Greta!

Could Anonymous [DH] please write to me directly so that I can pass on your
observations to Judi in fashion where she could get in touch with you if
she finds a need?  Bill, I figure it's safe to say that you could vouch for
me not being something like a CA F&G person in disguise?  <G>

Did all the suspect foods get tested, and if so, what was found?  If a
problem was found were all the bags affected from the same PACKAGING plant?

Sukie