From:
Laura Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 01:43:41 -0400
Hi all!  I'd like to thank everyone who sent me responses and information on
insulinoma.  We went to the vet Monday but our normal vet wasn't there so we
went ahead and saw one that was there.  She said that it was a blood sugar
problem but didn't offer me the option of doing the fasting then the blood
test.  She just said to keep Ferratone or Kayro syrup on hand in case it
happens again.  I've been feeding the fur balls Mazuri and Ferratone daily
so it seemed a little strange that his bs level would be low.  She also said
that it could have been brought on by stress.  I don't know about that.  He
hasn't seemed stressed but I'm not a ferret and don't know the language to
ask him.  I could see how he would be stressed by Jasper since Jasper is a
ball of fire most days, attacking and wrestling with him.  But at the time
it happened Jasper hadn't been attacking him yet.

I have to take Jasper and Pharoh back in for thier rabies shots next week so
I'm going to definately see my regular vet and talk to him about it further.

Pharoh didn't want to play Monday night so I guess he still wasn't feeling
well.  He is playing today though.

Thanks again to all, I'll keep y'all informed.

Ferret kisses to everyone.
Laura and The Troublesome Trio + Pharoh-feeling better