Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 22:16:21 -0500
Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob! You just keep throwing down the gauntlet, and
I never learn. I just keep picking it up. You are so right -- TLE is
one of my favorite people, too. And, while I was traveling through the
Great Plains on my way home from Utah after Christmas, I got worn out
and had to pull into a hotel before I got to Troy Lynn's. So, I owe
her a visit.

That said, I would like to make this offer -- that is, *IF* TLE can
hold off the work until July. And, since you challenged other FML
members to show up the same day. And, since Debby O. has already
accepted the challenge and will probably have her motor home and
hubby in tow, well I guess we are on our way to a workday.

So, if you want to drive your pickup loaded with table saw, drills,
tools, and just about anything necessary to cut off appendages and nail
your feet to the floor over to Kansas in July, well, I will drive my
SUV loaded with pots, pans, food and ferrets over, too. And, you can
bring your barbecue and promise not to cook because I will do the
cooking. I think I see the makings of an Independence Day blowout --
whatever day we have it.

Yes, we could do all the repairs together, get a tremendous amount of
work done in a short time. And, we don't need a lot of people because
if they do not show up, well, I have experience in everything from
installing my lights to laying my floor to ripping out a fireplace
and taping and floating the sheetrock. Painting, well, uh, I am a tad
messy. You can do that.

I tell you what. The best bribe you can offer is the stick a rock in
your mouth (did I say that???). I can demonstrate the progress I have
made toward getting in your shorts. And, I can offer some biscotti
mixes and we could make some free-standing hammie stands. Hmm, is that
a plan I see falling into place?

Bob, you said it here: I also think that if we expect to hold shelters
to high standards, then we also must also be willing to help when help
is requested. This is especially true for people who do not have
clubs or membership that would normally kick in on the cleaning and
maintenance. I can only add that we need to help out before it gets
unmanageable. Perhaps TLE is setting an example (as usual).

I can't organize this event, but I tell ya, I second this comment: Come
on folks! There has been so much bitching about the ferret community
lately; why don't we just have a party and help out a sweet lady who
would sell her last pint of blood to help a ferret? Anyone with me?

Count me in!

--
Renee Downs
It's amazing how much can be accomplished if nobody cares who gets the